Rain is nowhere more precious than in the desert, the ancestral home of Acoma Pueblo people. "We dance and pray for the summer monsoons to come so that the seeds that have been planted can sprout and grow," shares Acoma Pueblo artist and Inspired Natives® Collaborator Michelle Lowden. Her Rain Bird Pillow shares the story of the rain parrot, which in Acoma Pueblo legend led her people to water so they could thrive. Two birds, complete with swirling tail feathers, fly across this pillow, bringing life to everyone they encounter.
Michelle is well known for keeping traditional Acoma Pueblo pottery designs thriving across all manner of modern products, including pillows, blankets, jewelry, and more. "I draw my inspiration from my family's history of illustrious potters to create my art," shares Michelle.
- Pillow base is 100% cotton; embroidered stitching is 100% polyester; hidden zipper on pillowcase seam
- Comes with 100% polyester pillow insert
- Colors include off-white background with dusty rose and lavender-gray stitching
- 20" x 20" (50.8cm x 50.8cm)
- Pillow arrives vacuum-sealed for flat shipping: pillow will return to its full "puffy" state with fluffing
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives®, not "Native-inspired."